Pickup, Removal and Delivery Services for Deceased Remains PROJECT FY22- IFB 22024
- Pick-up, Removal and Delivery of Deceased Remains
Unless otherwise advised at the time of dispatch, Vendor will deliver all bodies picked up to the Office of the Medical Examiner / Coroner in the body bags provided by the Medical Examiner / Coroner. Vendor shall pick up and remove bodies at any location within the borders of Glynn County.
- Hours of Operation
The successful vendor shall be on call twenty four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week, three hundred sixty-five (365) days per year.
- Transportation of Bodies
Vendor shall have a minimum of two (2) fully maintained vans or similar type vehicles appropriately equipped for transporting dead bodies available for simultaneous removal for the Medical Examiner / Coroner). Both vehicles must be licensed and insured in accordance with County, State and Federal Regulations. The successful vendor must provide the Make, Model, Year and Vehicle Tag number for both vehicles.
Upon notification, the vendor shall immediately pick up the body from any location within Glynn County, GA where the Decedent is located, which includes, but is not limited to private property, accident scenes, the Glynn County Morgue or any other location within Glynn County to the following locations:
- Glynn County Morgue located at the Southeast Georgia Health System, 2415 Parkwood Drive, Brunswick, GA 31520
- The Georgia Bureau of Investigations Crime Lab in Pooler, Ga, 111 Isaac G. LaRoche Drive, Pooler, GA 31322 and then back to Glynn County Morgue located at the Southeast Georgia Health System, 2415 Parkwood Drive, Brunswick, GA 31520
- A funeral home in within the boarders of Glynn County, GA
- Equipment (Cots, Gurneys, Stretchers, Vehicles)
- The Cot, Gurney, or Stretcher shall meet all required specifications set forth by the Georgia Association of Coroners.
- The Cot, Gurney, or Stretcher be in good working order, able to support one deceased body in the upright position without mechanical failure.
- The Cot, Gurney, or Stretcher shall be equipped with a device to secure a deceased body without issue or failure.
- The Cot, Gurney, or Stretcher shall easily roll with assistance on hard surfaces without issue.
- The vehicle shall be equipped with an appropriate receiving mechanism for the Cot, Gurney, or Stretcher used by the service.
- The vehicle shall be equipped with a Cot, Gurney, or Stretcher receiving device that locks and functions as designed.
- Rate Structure (Bid schedule provided in following section of IFB)
The successful shall provide the flat rate cost of transport for the deceased to the Glynn County Morgue or a funeral home within the boarders of Glynn County per trip from anywhere in Glynn County.
The successful bidder shall provide the flat rate cost of transport the deceased from anywhere in Glynn County to the GBI Crime Lab located in Savannah, GA.
The successful bidder shall provide the round trip flat rate cost of transport the deceased from anywhere in Glynn County to the GBI Crime Lab in Pooler, GA and back to the Glynn County Morgue or a funeral home within the boarders of Glynn County.
The driver of each vehicle must be able to communicate with the Medical Examiner / Coroner's Office via cell phone while enroute to picking up the bodies.
Vendor shall provide a minimum of two (2) employees per vehicle for each and every body removal. All personnel of the vendor that will transport bodies must wear appropriate clothing with their company logo clearly visible on it.
The successful vendor and all employees are prohibited by the State of Georgia Funeral Services Board from soliciting burials or funeral services on behalf of any funeral home on any removal call. No employees are to represent themselves as agents of any funeral home, organization, and/or any other party in the course of any removal call.
- Permits, Fees, and Notices
The Awarded Contractor shall secure and pay for all Permits and Governmental Fees, licenses, and inspection necessary for the proper execution and completion of the work which are legally
required, file all notices, comply with all laws, rules, regulations and lawful orders bearing on the performance of the work.
Glynn County reserves the right to increase or decrease the quantities shown herein at any time during the life of the contract to correspond to the actual needs. Quantities shown are ESTIMATES ONLY of anticipated volume for the one-year period.
Vendor must have at least three (3) years of experience in the field of picking up, removal, and transportation of dead bodies.
- Georgia Code O.C.G.A. 31-21
The vendor shall comply with the Georgia Code O.C.G.A 31-21 which defines the procedures for handling dead bodies.