GLYNN COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
HISTORIC GLYNN COUNTY COURTHOUSE
701 “G” STREET, 2ND FLOOR, COMMISSIONERS’ MEETING CHAMBERS
THURSDAY, MARCH 3, 2016 AT 6:00 PM
PRESENT: Richard Strickland, Chairman, District 3
Michael Browning, Vice Chairman, District 1
Dale Provenzano, Commissioner, District 2
Bill Brunson, Commissioner, District 4
Allen Booker, Commissioner, District 5
Mark Stambaugh, Commissioner, At Large Post 1
Bob Coleman, Commissioner, At Large Post 2
ALSO PRESENT: Alan Ours, County Manager
Aaron Mumford, County Attorney
Cindee Overstreet, County Clerk
INVOCATION AND PLEDGE
COMMISSION PRESENTATIONS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
CONSENT AGENDA – General Business
1. Approved the minutes of the regular meeting held February 18, 2016, subject to any necessary corrections. (C. Overstreet)
2. Authorized the use of the Ballard Park Gym at no charge by the American Legion on March 22, 2016, for the purpose of presenting 60 Certificates of Honor to veterans of the Vietnam War Era. REPORT
3. Adopted a resolution of intent to participate in the refunding of the Brunswick and Glynn County Development Authority Revenue Bonds Series 2010 through the issuance of refunding bonds and new money bonds not to exceed $7,500,000 for the purpose of financing a repurposed Gateway Behavioral Health Services Project. REPORT
4. Approved the Business Associate Contract between Glynn County and Zywave, Inc. for use of its industry software use to analyze claims data for reporting on the health benefit plan. REPORT
A motion was made by Commissioner Browning and seconded by Commissioner Stambaugh to approve all items on the consent agenda. The motion carried unanimously.
5. Appoint one citizen to serve on the Blythe Island Advisory Board. This is the unexpired term of Clarence Hilburn. The term begins immediately and ends June 30, 2019:
Commissioner Brunson nominated John Craven.
The Board voted unanimously to appoint John Craven to the Blythe Island Advisory Board.
6. Consider authorizing Change Order #2 to the East Coast Asphalt, LLC contract for the Canal Road Improvements project with funding provided by JWSC and authorizing a budget increase in revenues and expenditures. REPORT
A motion was made by Commissioner Stambaugh and seconded by Commissioner Coleman to defer this item to the March 17, 2016, meeting. The motion carried unanimously.
7. Consider providing direction regarding the preparation of a revocable encroachment agreement for the existing pavilion within the County right-of-way. The property, 109 Meadows Drive, is located approximately 450 feet east of its intersection with Broadway Street, St. Simons Island, GA. Parcel ID: 04-02528. Gregory and Linda Hess and Aubry Lynn Hess Reedy, applicants and owners. (D. Hainley) REPORT
A motion was made by Commissioner Provenzano and seconded by Commissioner Brunson to direct that the revocable agreement not be prepared by staff. The motion carried 4-3 with Commissioner Stambaugh, Commissioner Booker, and Commissioner Coleman opposed.
8. Consider sending a written notice and request to the Mayor and Commissioners of the City of Brunswick for a meeting to be held on March 15, 2016, between the County and City to discuss a Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax (SPLOST 2016) and possible projects to be included in the SPLOST referendum. At its December 3, 2015, meeting, the Board of Commissioners took action to initiate the planning process for SPLOST 2016 with a target election date of November 8, 2016, for the SPLOST referendum. REPORT
A motion was made by Commissioner Brunson and seconded by Commissioner Browning to approve this item. The motion carried unanimously.
9. Consider approving the submittal of Grant application documents, Glynn County’s Grant Resolution and Letter of Fund Commitment for the Georgia Department of Community Affairs, Community Home Investment Program (CHIP) grant for funding in the amount of $306,000. A cash match of $9,000 will be provided by the FY16 budget. REPORT
A motion was made by Commissioner Brunson and seconded by Commissioner Booker to approve this item. The motion carried unanimously.
EXECUTIVE SESSION/POST EXECUTIVE SESSION ACTION
A motion was made by Commissioner Coleman and seconded by Commissioner Browning to adjourn to executive session to discuss pending litigation. The motion carried unanimously.
BACK IN SESSION
A motion was made by Commissioner Provenzano and seconded by Commissioner Stambaugh to adjourn executive session and enter regular session. The motion carried unanimously.
A motion was made by Commissioner Browning and seconded by Commissioner Brunson to approve the minutes of the February 4, 2016, executive session. The motion carried unanimously.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned a 6:44 p.m.
Richard Strickland, Chairman
Board of Commissioners
Glynn County , Georgia
Cindee S. Overstreet, Clerk