Code Enforcement

The Code Enforcement Division of the Community Development Department works in partnership with citizens to promote and maintain a safe and desirable living and working environment. We work to enhance the quality of life in our county by eliminating unsightly or hazardous conditions. Code Enforcement covers a variety of codes and ordinances that the County has adopted to address these issues and concerns. Code Enforcement Officers are sworn constables of Glynn County.


Common residential concerns include:

  • Lack of landscape maintenance, including mowing and weed removal
  • Scrap tires on public or private property
  • Inoperable vehicles, boats, trailers or equipment
  • Littering and illegal dumping
  • Improper storage of trash and yard debris
  • Storage of junk (including appliances) on public streets or private property

  Common Business Concerns include:

  • Illegal temporary signs, such as banners and window signs without a permit

Reporting a Violation

To report a possible Code Violation, call the Customer Service Department at 912- 554-7111.

What happens after I report a violation?

Complaints are addressed in a confidential, and professional manner. Upon receiving a complaint, a Code Enforcement Officer will evaluate the situation, possibly take pictures, and determine whether a violation exists. If a violation exists, the Officer will notify the property owner to explain the problem and suggest possible solutions. The property owner is then given reasonable time to take care of the violation. A follow up inspection is performed to verify that the violation has been corrected. Most property owners comply after the first notification. Those who do not comply face enforcement action via the issuance of a citation and a hearing in Magistrate Court. The Magistrate Court Judge will hear testimony from the property owner and/or the offender, and the Code Enforcement Officer and will rule on the case.

Short-Term Rental Complaints

To report a complaint you can call our 24 hour hotline at 912-525-5455 or fill out a online complaint form. The hotline will document the complaint and contact the Local Contact Person to help resolve the concern. If the complaint is not resolved within a few hours of being notified the short term rental may be issued a violation.