- Information Technology
- Information Technology
Information Technology (IT)
Information Technology’s function is to enable access to information and services of the Glynn County Government. Information Technology Department supports the Glynn County departments and agencies and contributes to an efficient and productive county government.
An objective of the Information Technology department is to configure a stable and secure computing environment for the County, which will accommodate future needs and growth while minimizing acquisition, development, and operating costs.
Responsibilities and Services:
- Providing an efficient and stable Technology Infrastructure for the County's Information and Telecommunication needs.
- Supplying the assorted Departments of the County with reliable, high-speed Internet Access and email services.
- Facilitating the construction and maintenance of the County's Web Site(s).
- Delivering and maintaining a dependable telecommunication system which includes the County's Telephones, Video Conference and VPN connections to our Network.
- Administering the County's various IT initiatives, including preparation of Requests for Proposals (RFPs), vendor selection, acquisition, installation and infrastructure support.
- Installing and maintaining the standardized core software applications of the County including Operating Systems, Application Systems, and Office Suites.
- Providing applicable computer training to County staff on all core applications.
- Assisting the various County Departments with cooperative ventures, information sharing, common program development, and other integration/interface issues.
- Securing the County's Information, through proper establishment and administration of security policies and procedures. This involves such items as effective backup and restoration procedures, disaster recovery, physical security for all IT equipment, enforced adherence to the County's security policy, appropriate password control systems, accurately configured firewalls, correctly administered authority rights, robust and redundant virus protection systems, high-level data encryption schemes, intrusion detection systems, etc.
- Provide support services to departments relating to equipment and software issues.
- Managing the GIS (Geographic Information System) department an award winning department responsible for the collection of geographic data for capturing, managing, analyzing, and displaying all forms of geographically referenced information - ESRI