- Human Resources
- Human Resources
- Instructions for Application
Instructions for Application
GLYNN COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
APPLICANT INFORMATIONThank you for your interest in employment with the Glynn County Board of Commissioners. Please read the following information before completing your application.
Employment PolicyGlynn County Board of Commissioners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy that employment decisions are made on the basis of merit and fitness for the position.
Application ProceduresApplicants must complete a Glynn County Board of Commissioners Application for Employment and an Applicant Questionnaire (if applicable) for each position. Please follow the instructions shown on the application. All applications must be completed in full. A complete and accurate application is essential, since this is the primary source for determining your qualifications. If there is an Applicant Questionnaire it must be completed along with the application to ensure a complete application. If a questionnaire is required and is not submitted the application will be considered incomplete and will not be forwarded to the hiring manager. The application should include not only paid work experience, but all other experience which may apply to the job, i.e., volunteer experience, professional training and relevant classes you have taken. Do NOT put "see resume" on any part of the application. If you need more space, please attach additional sheets. A resume may be attached to provide additional information but does not take the place of completing the application and applicant questionnaire.
Job RequirementsPlease note the education and/or experience requirements listed on the Notice of Position Vacancy. These are minimum standards that all applicants must meet in order to be considered for employment.
Completed applications should be received in Human Resources by the established closing date as stated on the Notice of Position Vacancy.
Note: Applications, resumes, letters of reference, questionnaires, etc., submitted become the property of Glynn County and cannot be returned. The information you provide on the application may be subject to public disclosure under the Georgia Open Records Act.
1. Every application received by the established closing date is reviewed for completion and minimum qualifications by Human Resources. Each applicant will receive a computer generated notice acknowledging receipt of the application. This is the only notice you will receive, unless you are selected for an interview.
2. Should you meet the minimum qualifications for the position in which you applied, your name will be place on a register of eligible candidates and forwarded to the appropriate department for consideration. This does not guarantee an interview for the position.
3. Hiring departments hold interviews with selected eligible candidates who are referred by the Human Resources. The hiring department notifies the selected candidates by telephone or letter when interviews are to be scheduled. You will be contacted only if you are selected for an interview.
4. After the interviews, the hiring department makes a selection and returns all applications to Human Resources.
5. Human Resources contacts the selected candidate to schedule and conduct post-offer/pre-employment tests after the hiring department provides the selection paperwork. These include but are not limited to, substance screening, cotinine testing, criminal history check and motor vehicle record check. After satisfactory results of the tests are obtained, Human Resources contacts the candidate and extends a final offer of employment and coordinates the employment start date.
6. Candidates selected for employment are required to provide proof of identity and authorization of employability as outlined by the United States Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services. Selected candidates must also provide an official high school transcript, GED certificate or college transcript, depending upon the minimum qualifications of the position for which they have been selected.
7. Human Resources staff informs applicants who are interviewed but not selected for employment of the decision in writing.
GLYNN COUNTY HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
W. HAROLD PATE COURTHOUSE ANNEX
1725 REYNOLDS STREET, SUITE 102
BRUNSWICK, GEORGIA 31520