Envision Glynn: Zoning Update
• Support the implementation of Envision Glynn
• Advance the vision of local residents and businesses
• Encourage appropriate growth and promote economic development
• Balance development rights with sound planning principles
• Preserve natural resources while considering community resiliency and the impacts of sea level rise
• Ensure that regulations are easy to understand and administer
• Establish the right amount of regulation to address local needs
Draft Diagnostic Report
The Draft Diagnostic report includes a summary of relevant portions of the Envision Glynn Comprehensive Plan, as well as a series of policy and technical questions that will be explored during the next phase of the Zoning Update effort with input from the public.
Several community meetings will be held to ask for public input on the zoning update. Please join us at our next meeting and help us spread the word!
Zoning Update Workshop
October 5, 2:00-6:00 p.m.
St. Simons Island
This workshop will begin with a detailed presentation and include opportunities for in-depth public input on policy questions related to the Zoning Update
Thursday, May 9, 2019, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
This public kickoff meeting introduced the Envision Glynn: Zoning Update process, reviewed preliminary findings from the consultant team, and allowed for initial input from the community.
- September 24, 2019 - Special Joint Planning Commission Work Session
- October 4-5, 2019 - First Friday and CoastFest Outreach. Outreach Results
- November 4, 2019 - Special Joint Planning Commission Work Session. Presentation Slides
- November 19, 2019 - County Commissioners Work Session. Presentation Slides
- February 11, 2020 - County Commission Work Session. Presentation Slides
- May 12, 2020 - Special Joint Planning Commission Work Session. Meeting Video and Potential Policy Solution
- May 27, 2020 Special Joint Planning Commission Work Session. Meeting Video
Stay tuned for dates of additional public meetings!