Envision Glynn: Zoning Update
• Support the implementation of Envision Glynn
• Advance the vision of local residents and businesses
• Encourage appropriate growth and promote economic development
• Balance development rights with sound planning principles
• Preserve natural resources while considering community resiliency and the impacts of sea level rise
• Ensure that regulations are easy to understand and administer
• Establish the right amount of regulation to address local needs
Draft Diagnostic Report
The Draft Diagnostic report includes a summary of relevant portions of the Envision Glynn Comprehensive Plan, as well as a series of policy and technical questions that will be explored during the next phase of the Zoning Update effort with input from the public.
Several community meetings will be held to ask for public input on the zoning update. Please join us at our next meeting and help us spread the word!
Zoning Update Workshop
October 5, 2:00-6:00 p.m.
St. Simons Island (exact location TBD)
This workshop will begin with a detailed presentation and include opportunities for in-depth public input on policy questions related to the Zoning Update
Thursday, May 9, 2019, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Brunswick-Glynn County Library
208 Gloucester Street, Brunswick, GA 31520
Special Joint Planning Commissions Work Session
September 24, 5:30-8:30 p.m.
St. William Catholic Church, 2300 Federica Road, St. Simons
This special Joint Planning Commissions Work Session will focus on reviewing the draft Diagnostic Report. This meeting is open to the public, but only Planning Commissioners will be able to ask questions.
Find us at First Friday!
October 4, 5:00-8:00 p.m.
Newcastle Street, Downtown Brunswick
We’ll have basic information on the Zoning Update and informal opportunities for public input. Stop by at any time!
Find us at CoastFest!
October 5, 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Mary Ross Park, Downtown Brunswick
We’ll have the same information as at First Friday. Stop by at any time before 1:00 p.m.!