Envision Glynn: Zoning Update
• Support the implementation of Envision Glynn
• Advance the vision of local residents and businesses
• Encourage appropriate growth and promote economic development
• Balance development rights with sound planning principles
• Preserve natural resources while considering community resiliency and the impacts of sea level rise
• Ensure that regulations are easy to understand and administer
• Establish the right amount of regulation to address local needs
If you are not able to attend our public meetings in October, please take this quick survey to share your input on some key policy questions.
Draft Diagnostic Report
The Draft Diagnostic report includes a summary of relevant portions of the Envision Glynn Comprehensive Plan, as well as a series of policy and technical questions that will be explored during the next phase of the Zoning Update effort with input from the public.
Several community meetings will be held to ask for public input on the zoning update. Please join us at our next meeting and help us spread the word!
County Commission Work Session
November 19, 2019, 2:00 p.m.
Room 224 of the Pate Building
The consultant team will present a summary of the Zoning Update effort to date. This will include an overview of the Diagnostic Report and public comments received. This meeting is open to the public, but only County Commissioners will be able to ask questions.
Special Joint Planning Commissions Work Session - Open Forum
November 4, 2019, 5:30 p.m.
Brunswick-Glynn County Library
208 Gloucester Street
This special meeting will allow for a public Open Forum for anyone to comment publicly on the policy questions in the Diagnostic Report or any other matters relevant to the Zoning Update.
Zoning Update Workshop
October 5, 2:00-6:00 p.m.
St. Simons Island
This workshop will begin with a detailed presentation and include opportunities for in-depth public input on policy questions related to the Zoning Update
Thursday, May 9, 2019, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
This public kickoff meeting introduced the Envision Glynn: Zoning Update process, reviewed preliminary findings from the consultant team, and allowed for initial input from the community.
- September 24, 2019 - Special Joint Planning Commission Work Session
- October 4-5, 2019 - First Friday and CoastFest Outreach. Outreach Results
Stay tuned for dates of additional public meetings!