Field Services

ac_truckGlynn County Animal Control has a staff of three Animal Control Officers who are certified and authorized to carry out the provisions provided for in the Glynn County code of ordinances pertaining to the care and control of animals in Glynn County as well as the city of Brunswick.

Animal Control Officers respond to calls for service Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. for the following situations:

  • Dogs and Cats running-at-large
  • Animal to human bite investigations
  • Animal to animal attacks
  • Animal cruelty investigations
  • Sick or Injured dogs and cats
  • Complaints of citizens allowing dogs and cats to run-at-large
  • Assisting public safety departments as well as other county departments

To request the service of an Animal Control Officer, please call us at (912)554-7500 during normal business hours or you may submit an online service request form.

We do not respond to calls concerning wild animals such as snakes and raccoons - please contact the Georgia Department of Natural Resources at (912)264-7218

For the collection of deceased animals on county or city streets, please call Glynn County Public Works at (912)554-7746

Cat Trap information:

Cat traps are available for use by Glynn County residents only at no charge upon request and based on availability. A $25.00 deposit is required and will be refunded when the trap is brought back. Residents will be responsible for: 

  • Collecting the trap from Animal Control
  • Monitoring the trap for animals captured
  • Bringing animals in to the Animal Control shelter
  • Returning the trap to Animal Control within the time-period that the trap was loaned for

After-Hours Emergencies

Our field staff can respond to emergency situations after-hours such as sick or injured dogs or cats, severe cases of animal cruelty, animal to human bites and animal to animal attacks.  The officer may take a report over the phone and respond the following business day in some cases.

If you have an after-hours emergency pertaining to an animal, please dial 9-1-1.