Frequently Asked Questions

How do I obtain a copy of a police report?--

Reports are generally completed by officers and reviewed by a supervisor in 3-5 business days. There is normally a charge of .10 cents per page. You can call the Glynn County Police Department headquarters records section at (912) 554-7820, or come by Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm. We are located at 157 Carl Alexander Way, Brunswick, GA 31525, off GA Spur 25 Approximately 1 1/2 miles from I-95 exit 38.

Police reports are also obtainable at our St. Simons Island substation during normal business hour. The Islands substation is adjacent to Glynn County Fire Rescue Station 2 at 1965 Demere Road, or call  (912) 279-2891.

How do I pay a traffic citation fine?

You can pay your traffic citation at the Clerk of State Court Office, located on the first floor of the new Court House: 701 H. Street, Brunswick, GA. Traffic citations may also be paid online by going to: 

How do I obtain a Good Behavior Warrant?

You may obtain a good behavior warrant (no contact order) by going to the Magistrate Court Office located in the new courthouse at 701 H. Street. The number to the Magistrate's office is 912- 554-7250.

How do I restrict (expunge) my arrest record?

Download an arrest restriction form and complete it or come by 157 Carl Alexander Way and fill out the request form. Pursuant to O.C.G.A. 35-3-37, Glynn County Police does charge a $15.00 non-refundable fee at the time of submission of the application.

Request to Restrict Record Application and Instructions

Criminal History Consent and Inquiry 

How do I start a neighborhood watch?

Visit the National Neighborhood Watch Institute’s web page,, for information on how to start a neighborhood watch program and to obtain materials. You may also contact the Community Outreach Liaison Office at 912-554-7847 for assistance.

What do I do about bad dogs / neighbors?--

First you need to make a police report to have your problem documented. Sometimes the issue is a civil matter, and you would need to contact Magistrate Court. If you just need advice, an officer can talk with you. Animal Control Officers can be reached at (912) 554-7500 if you are having trouble with an animal, or review the county ordinance on barking dogs, etc.

Who do I contact if I think someone has been arrested and is in jail?

Contact the Office of the Sheriff. The Sheriff's Office is located at 100 Sulphur Springs Road, telephone number is (912) 554-7600.

Can I be fingerprinted at the Glynn County Police Department?

GCPD currently does not offer fingerprinting services.  The  Glynn County Sheriff's Office provides this service for a $5 fee.  
Please call the Office of the Sheriff at (912) 554-7600 for more information.  As of November 11 2021, the GCSO fingerprinting schedule is:
Monday: 2 pm to 4 pm
Tuesday: No fingerprinting on this day
Wednesday: 9 am to 4 pm
Thursday: No fingerprinting on this day
Friday: 9 am to 11 am

Who do I talk to if I feel there is a discrepancy in my report?

Attempt to contact the officer who completed the report first. If the officer that completed your report is off duty, a police supervisor may assist you in resolving your situation. Dial (912) 554-3645 and advise the Communications Officer you would like to talk with the on-duty county police supervisor.

Where do I go to obtain or renew my driver's license / ID card?

The Georgia Department of Driver Services is located at 134 Jack Hartman Road Brunswick, GA 31525, telephone number (866) 754-3687.  More details can be found on the Georgia DDS website at   Many services require you to schedule an appointment in advance, please check the website for current requirements.